Tech Tips to Increase your Productivity in 2019
Are you feeling overloaded with a constant barrage of information to read? Newsletters clogging up your inbox? Articles filling up your tabs?
What about a free refurbished robot? Sorry, we don’t do those yet.
So stop what you are doing and take some time out to apply these techniques. They made us more productive – so why not give them a go.
Until we can offer free refurbished robots to do some of your work – these handy tips are our next best offer.
Top 10 Tech Tips to help you be more productive
1. Automate, automate, automate
- Need to know the weather in the morning? Why not have it sent to you a set time?
- Automate your emails to delete, move to folders or create an auto response.
- Use tools like Zapier or Process Street. These can automate countless business actions for you.
- Add automatic filtering to your emails. Have emails go straight into folders. This can help keep your inbox for urgent and important messages.
- Use Schedule SMS – to send SMS messages on people’s birthdays or reminding them of an appointment or meeting?
- Amazon Subscribe and Save can stop you having to remember to order toilet roll or bin liners every month.
- AnyList is good for creating a centralised family shopping list.
2. Automate your social media posts
- It can take a lot of time to juggle all your brands. Keeping a work brand, personal projects and connections updated, all take time. You can get social media schedulers to help you plan and manage your engagements en-masse. Try Hootsuite, Buffer or Social Pilot. Use the time you save to focus on what is important. Spend the time to connect to your users or customers and friends instead.
3. Clean up, declutter and back up
- Take time to clean up your desktop, organise files and delete digital detritus. Trust us, it will make it easier to find the documents you want. Also, it will have an added benefit of increasing your computer’s performance.
- Make sure you have some form of cloud storage. This will save space on your drives and give you peace of mind in case of a monumental computer error occurs. Make sure you back up important files once a week. For your photos, use automated storage solutions like Google Photos or Flickr. These help keep your smartphone de-cluttered by saving back-up versions to the cloud.
4. Save time with a password manager
- If I added up all the time taken trying to remember (and failing that, resetting) passwords, I would have clocked up a fair amount of hours. Try using a password manager like LastPass. This will help you create strong and secure passwords. It can also take away the frustration of logging into lots of different accounts.
5. Use better- performing laptops
- Finding a laptop that suits your needs can be a game-changer. Lugging heavy machines around on a daily commute is bad for your health. Even worse, having a laptop shut down on the train as the battery has died is not conducive to a productive workday. New models on the market are often geared towards gamers or entertainment users.
- If you need high performance, lots of drive space and good battery life, you may do better with an older refurbished model. We refurbish some of the best and most robust computer models. Brands like Lenovo and HP, that are designed for business, may be better suited. Not a sleek model with a supercharged graphics card. Sometimes the best laptops may not actually be the newest.
- Our refurbished laptops are re-conditioned to give you great performance and durability. We also replace batteries and can provide you with as much storage as you need.
- The Dell Latitude E7440 Laptop has outstanding productivity. Its backlit keyboard, extended battery life and media bay options help boost performance.
- The legendary Lenovo T430 has an ergonomic keyboard, is lightweight (at only 4.77lbs) and has superfast USB 3.0 for data management.
- Even better, a refurbished model can help you to keep that “spend less” resolution by saving you up to 70% off RRP!
- This is a massive time-saver. Take the time to update your auto-fill settings. This will save you filling out the same information over and over. We must have wasted at least a day on this in the past.
7. Automate thank-you notes
- This clever app – CircleUp – can send a summary of your meetings to you. It will then give you a link to generate a customisable email to then thank your attendees for coming. Genius.
8. Get more focus with Pomodoro
- If you are anything like me, my mind wanders to other tasks and I dip in and out of other activities throughout the day. Never quite finishing one task well. The Pomodoro technique helps you focus in 25-minute blocks of time.
- The theory is that you will be far more productive by having 25 minutes of focused activities followed by a break.
- This method can keep you creative and make you more productive.
- There are plenty of apps available to help you keep track of time. Give it a go.
9. Get more sleep
- There are lots of wearable fitness tech that can track your sleep patterns. They can also provide guides on when is the best time to relax and get ready to sleep.
- There is also a Calm sleep app that can help you prepare for bed.
- Better sleep can improve creativity, productivity and your health. So make sleep a priority for 2019.
- Headspace is also good for helping you start with and schedule meditation into your day. They also have handy guides for switching off before bed. Plus they have great graphics too!
- Block out chunks of time to complete activities. Scheduling in protected time to check email or complete admin will ensure you get the job done.
- This technique can also help increase focus and effort and ensure you get your tasks done.
- Try time blocking apps like Toggl.
- Or block out meetings for yourself in Outlook or Google Calendar.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up for emails from Pyramid - just click the subscribe button and we'll send you great content on refurbished IT once every fortnight or so.