Microsoft Windows is asking for a product key
To activate either Windows 10 Home or Pro, please follow these steps: Go to Settings. Go to Update & Security. Choose Activation. Locate your Windows 10 Activation key, if you have purchased a PC you will find this on the side of the machine. If you have purchased a laptop you will find it on the base or underneath the battery. Carefully remove the grey scratch panel to reveal the 25-character activation key.
How to perform a hardware reset (many issues can be resolved by completing a hard reset)
Before you submit a warranty claim or return, please perform a full hardware reset, many issues can be resolved by completing a hard reset.
1. Press and hold the power button for 10 seconds to ensure a forced shutdown.
2. Once the machine has shut down, press the power button to start the machine up again.
Do you have a power issue?
Before you submit a warranty claim or return, a lot of power issues can be resolved by troubleshooting the AC Adaptor.
1. The cable from the plug socket to the AC Adaptor is universal across most laptops. Please locate a known working cable and test the power cable from plug to AC.
2. If you have access to another known working charger, please test the cable from plug to AC Adaptor.
3. An indication that the AC Adaptor has failed is a short flash off light when the power button is pressed.
Do you have an issue with one of the following peripherals?
- WIFI issues
- Bluetooth Connection issues
- USB Connection issues
- Keyboard issues
- Trackpad or Clickers issues
1. Make sure you are running the latest version of Windows.
Many issues can be resolved by running Windows updates.
It is essential that you allow Windows to update to the latest version before you expect it to run at full capacity. Windows Updates are crucial to the functionality of your machine.
Go to Start Menu > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update > Check for Windows Update
All machines will have various Drivers / Updates needed. Windows may require multiple restarts. In addition it may require you to check for updates again after the initial restart, depending on how out of date your version is.
It is also important that you tick the ‘Optional Updates’ tab if it is available to your machine. This is located in the same area as ‘Check for Windows Updates’
Once Windows is fully updated to the latest version for your model, the next step is to ensure your drivers for the unit’s hardware are fully up to date.
Please navigate to Desktop > Hold the Windows Key and Press X > Device Manager > Any drivers with a warning next to it, please right click and allow Windows to search for recommended drivers. If this does not fix the faulty driver then Windows may not have found a solution, you may search online at the machine Manufacturers Website and install them manually.
2. Make sure you have the latest drivers installed
If updating Windows doesn’t resolve the issue you will will need to re install the drivers for the device as follows: Put the search bar at the bottom left of your screen “Device Manager”.
Locate the relevant driver, right click on your mouse, select “Uninstall Driver”.
Once you have done this you need to restart the machine.
This will have re installed the correct drivers and hopefully resolved the issue.
If you have performed all of the troubleshooting solutions above, please click here continue to the returns form.